The Legal Sustainability Alliance (LSA), formerly the Legal Sector Alliance, was founded in 2007 by a group of leading law firms to take positive action on climate change by measuring, reducing and reporting on their carbon footprint.
Since that time the LSA has grown both in size and scope. We are now a collaborative network of nearly 300 firms with members varying from small practices to multinational global firms. Membership is free thanks to the generous contribution of the LSA Executive Firms and The Law Society who provide both financial support and strategic leadership.
The shift of the name from the Legal Sector Alliance to Legal Sustainability Alliance reflects this new wider remit. LSA member firms are committed to looking at and acting on all areas of sustainability.
The firm is committed to take action on climate change by reducing its carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices
– this year the firm has donated to UNICEF instead of spending the money on usual greeting cards and postal services.
The firm has recently become a member of the Legal Sector Alliance (LSA), an inclusive movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices.
As members of the Legal Sector Alliance, we commit to:
- Measure, manage and reduce the impact of our operations
- Work with external stakeholders to reduce our indirect impact
- Integrate awareness of climate change across our business
- Advise clients on the opportunities and obligations arising from and under climate change law
- Work collaboratively to engage in the public debate on climate change and to develop, apply and promote best practice across the sector
- Report on our progress and be accountable
- Adopt and pursue a challenging emissions reduction target appropriate for our own organisation and needs, achievement of which will deliver over stated time periods a meaningful and progressive reduction in our emissions
– advising the not-for-profit Italian Association for the fight against thrombosis on its licensing arrangement relating to the development, promotion and operation of a database committed to the prevention of cardiovascular disease in children.